Friday, March 21, 2008

My opinion

No - I was just curious, as unlike many in my position I am not supportive of the idea of deism. You see, I even disagree with both Richard Dawkins and Albert Einstein about this! I feel one either believes in a God or one doesn't, and deism seems to me to be some vague half-way house that has no credibility. If God is simply considered some kind of "essence of existence", it seems to me He just as well might not exist, as this really isn't a "God".

However, I did wonder if you could see some Christians moving towards deism, perhaps after accepting the simple humanity of Jesus. A deist God could be thought of as instantiating Natural Law (if you believed in that).

If you have any more thoughts, I would be interested. Otherwise, I have just thought of a far bigger question.

No comments: