Friday, March 21, 2008

Faith?

They can either say things like purpose and meaning exist only in our minds, which is your position as I understand it.

Yes, it is.

As you point out, people as brilliant as Einstein apparently believed these were important questions that science didn't answer.

Ah, no. That was not what I was pointing out. Einstein did not believe science could not answer certain questions. He believed that science was the best method for understanding the nature of the deist "god".

Okay, let's move on. What is your "far bigger question?"

Right. I have this theory. I don't believe that faith has the role in the lives of believers that many think it has. I think that most believers think that they have evidence for what they believe, so that God is real to them, and does not require the so-called "leap of faith", abandoning reason. I would love to hear your opinion on this.

No comments: